LSMagS™ magnet paddle reactor
The LSMagS™ magnet paddle reactor is a new type of reactor with interior permanently magnetic stirrer paddles. The reactor is used in all situations where magnetic particles are employed.
The principle is that magnetic particles (nano or micro-magnetic particles) stick to the stirrer paddles when the stirrer is at a standstill. When the stirrer is switched on, the magnetic particles are released and suspended in the solution where they are able to carry out their reactions.
Depending on the problem definition, the stirrer paddles have various magnetic force and varied designs. The principle results in a slight division between the reaction medium and the catalyst or adsorbent.
Strong magnetic fields with a high risk potential, as in the use of external magnets for the separation of magnetic particles, do not occur in this case.
Up-scaling up to production level is easily possible, as are multiple throughputs. This new form of reactor has been submitted for patent approval.
- For the production of nano-magnetic particles on a large scale
- The simplification of downstream processes
- Reactions in which enzymes or other biological molecules are immobilised on a fixed magnetisable carrier
- Heterogeneous hydrogenation, also in organic dissolvents, in which the catalyst is located on a fixed magnetic carrier
- Other chemically catalysed reactions in which the catalyst is fixed on a magnetic carrier
- Preparative isolation and purification of proteins
- Transformation processes for medical (anti-body purification/separation), biological, pharmaceutical or technical foodstuff-related applications which are run with the aid of magnetic nano-particles
- Complexing agents bonded to a magnetic carrier may repeatedly reversibly remove heavy metals, such as copper or nickel, from solutions
- Polymerisation reactions in which the catalyst is bonded to a magnetic carrier
|VA-LSMAGS||Customized design of the LSMagS™ magnet paddle reactor|
- Product portfolio biotechnologyEverything around the fermenter2 MB
- Portfolio chemistryEverything around the laboratory reactor2 MB